Updated 6/1/2020, 12:13 PM PDT
COVID-19 Impacts to Travel Offerings
Several suppliers and destinations have temporarily suspended operations amid COVID-19 concerns.
The following suppliers have suspended cruise, tour, and/or package operations, with plans to resume operations on the dates listed below:
- Abercrombie & Kent: July 1
- AmaWaterways River Cruise: August 1
- Aqua Expeditions: July 1
- Avalon River Cruises: September 1
- Avanti Destinations: June 1
- Azamara: August 1
- Carnival Cruise Lines:
- San Francisco sailings: 2021
- Carnival Sunrise sailings: October 20
- Carnival Legend sailings: October 31
- Carnival Radiance sailings: November 2
- Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings: October 7
- Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings: August 1
- Carnival Splendor sailings: September 18
- All Other Ships sailings: September 1
- Celebrity Cruises: August 1
- CIE Tours: August 1
- Club Med: Dates vary by location
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: June 12
- Club Med Punta Cana, Michès Playa Esmeralda, Cancún Yucatán, Ixtapa Pacific, Turkoise, and Columbus Isle: June 30
- Club Med Caravelle and Buccaneer’s Creek: July 4
- Collette: July 1
- China departures: September 1
- Russia departures: August 1
- The 2020 Oberammergau Passion Play has been postponed and rescheduled to begin in May 2022. Guests scheduled to travel to Oberammergau will be contacted and provided with all available options.
- All 2020 Alaska Discovery tour departures are cancelled
- All 2020 tours featuring the Calgary Stampede event are cancelled
- Canadian Rockies by Rail (Rocky Mountaineer): August 1
- Cancelled for 2020: Alaska Discovery, Canadian Rockies by Train (VIA Rail), Calgary Stampede
- Cosmos: Dates vary by location
- Domestic operations: August 1
- International operations: September 1
- Costa Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Costa Deliziosa: August 1
- Costa Diadema: July 26
- Costa Fascinosa: July 31
- Costa Favolosa: July 28
- Costa Fortuna: July 24
- Costa Luminosa: July 26
- Costa Magica: August 1
- Costa Mediterranea: August 1
- Costa Pacifica: August 1
- Costa Smeralda: August 1
- Costa Victoria: July 27
- Costsaver: September 1
- Crystal Cruises: Dates vary by itinerary
- All July 2020 Crystal, Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Ravel, and Crystal Symphony departures have been cancelled
- All August 2020 sailings on Crystal Symphony have been cancelled
- The launch of Crystal Endeavor has been postponed. All scheduled 2020 itineraries have been cancelled.
- Cunard: August 1
- Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria sailings: August 1
- Alaska sailings on Queen Elizabeth: September 8
- Disney Cruise Line: July 28
- Emerald Waterways: September 1
- G Adventures: August 1
- All August departures on the G Expedition are cancelled
- Globus: Dates vary by location
- Domestic operations: August 1
- International operations: September 1
- Oberammergau tours and vacations are postponed until 2022
- Holland America Line: Dates vary by itinerary location
- All 2020 Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England sailings are cancelled
- The 79-day Grand Africa voyage on October 3 is cancelled
- Hurtigruten: Dates vary by itinerary location
- Norwegian coast operations: June 16
- The following Expedition Cruises sailings have been cancelled:
- MS Roald Amundsen: May 17, May 31, June 11, June 24, July 1, July 8, July 19, August 1, August 16 and September 13
- MS Fram: June 15
- MS Fridtjof Nansen: May 13
- MS Spitsbergen: May 14, May 22 and June 7
- Insight Vacations: September 1
- Intrepid Travel: October 1
- Journese: Journese continues to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on travel. For non-cruise vacations, the Customer Service Team is currently assisting those with travel scheduled in June and July 2020. Please call 800.247.4958 or email email@example.com (note scheduled departure date in the subject line). The Cruise Desk Team is currently assisting all cruise bookings, regardless of scheduled departure date. Please call 800.850.6988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Luxury Gold: September 1
- Monograms: September 1
- MSC Cruises: July 11
- Norwegian Cruise Lines: August 1
- Oceania Cruises: August 1
- Paul Gauguin Cruises: July 1
- Pleasant Holidays: Pleasant Holidays continues to monitor developments regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on travel. Pleasant’s Customer Service Team is currently assisting those with non-cruise travel scheduled in June and July 2020. Please call 1-800-247-4958 or email email@example.com (note the scheduled departure date in the subject line). The Cruise Desk Team is currently assisting all cruise bookings, regardless of scheduled departure date. Please call 800-818-8780 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ponant: Dates vary by ship
- Princess Cruises: Dates vary by location
- All 2020 Alaska, Canada & New England and Europe cruises are cancelled
- The following voyages to Taiwan and Australia are cancelled:
- Sea Princess: September 13 Perth (Fremantle), September 21 Perth (Fremantle)
- Majestic Princess: August 8 Taipei (Keelung), August 23 Taipei (Keelung), August 29 Hong Kong, September 14 Brisbane, September 16 Sydney
- Sun Princess: September 5 Sydney, September 9 Auckland, September 18 Honolulu
- Sapphire Princess: September 2 Adelaide, September 7 Perth (Fremantle), September 12 Adelaide
- Caribbean cruises: September 1
- Japan cruises: October 2
- All Fall 2020 Tahiti & French Polynesia cruises on Pacific Princess are cancelled
- Quark Expeditions: September 20
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises: August 1
- Rocky Mountaineer: July 31
- Royal Caribbean International: August 1
- Scenic Luxury Cruises: Dates vary by location
- River cruises and Land tours: September 1
- Ocean cruises: October 1
- Seabourn Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Seabourn Encore: October 19
- Seabourn Odyssey: November 20
- Seabourn Ovation: November 6
- Seabourn Quest: November 6
- Seabourn Sojourn: October 13
- Silversea Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Silver Cloud: September 14
- Silver Explorer: September 17
- Silver Moon: October 2
- Silver Muse: July 16
- Silver Origin: August 22
- Silver Shadow: July 26
- Silver Spirit: August 20
- Silver Whisper: July 18
- Silver Wind: November 11
- Star Clippers: Dates vary by ship
- Royal Clipper: July 4
- Star Clipper: September 12
- Star Flyer: July 11
- Tauck Tours: August 1
- The 2020 Oberammergau Passion Play has been postponed until 2022. Tauck will be reaching out to affected travelers to discuss itinerary changes.
- Trafalgar: September 1
- Universal Orlando Resort: June 5
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Closed until further notice
- Notice: Any tickets purchased for a date during park closure will automatically be changed to one valid until December 18
- Uniworld: July 1
- Viking Ocean Cruises: September 1
- Viking River Cruises: September 1
- Virgin Voyages have postponed their inaugural sailing season for Scarlet Lady to July 15, with their Maiden Voyage taking place August 7
- Windstar Cruises: Dates vary by ship
- Wind Spirit: September 3, 2020
- Wind Surf: November 29, 2020
- Wind Star: January 16, 2021
- Star Breeze: October 27, 2020
- Star Legend: March 1, 2021
- Star Pride: July 5, 2021
- Argentina has closed its borders to all non-residents, updated May 11.
- Aruba has barred all international inbound travel, updated April 21.
- Australia has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 20.
- Austria has barred non-Schengen Member State citizens and non-EU citizens from entering the country, updated April 18.
- The Bahamas have closed their borders, effective April 17.
- Belgium has barred all non-citizens from entering the country, except for those passengers from EEA member States, Switzerland, and the UK, updated May 7.
- Brazil has barred non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated May 15.
- Nonessential travel across the Canada-U.S. border has been temporarily restricted, effective March 18.
- Canada has closed its border to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 22.
- China has temporarily suspended entry by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits, updated May 11.
- Costa Rica has closed its borders to non-citizens, updated April 14.
- Croatia has barred all non-residents and non-EU citizens from entering the country, updated May 7.
- The Czech Republic has barred all non-citizens from entering the country, updated May 20.
- Denmark has temporarily closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 20.
- Ecuador has suspended flights into the country, updated May 26.
- Effective June 1, flights to Ecuador will be allowed to resume.
- Egypt has suspended all flights, updated April 27.
- El Salvador has closed its borders to all foreigners, updated April 17.
- Finland has barred entry for all non-citizens and non-EU members, updated May 14.
- France has barred entry for all non-Schengen Member State passengers, updated May 26.
- French Polynesia has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 6.
- Germany has barred entry for non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 22.
- Greece has barred all non-residents and non-EU members from entering the country, updated May 15.
- Hong Kong has barred entry for non-residents, effective March 25.
- Hungary has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 25.
- Iceland has barred all non-residents, non-EEA Member State passengers, and non-Schengen Member State passengers from entering the country, updated April 22.
- India has barred all international flights, updated May 26.
- Indonesia has closed its borders to non-resident foreigners, effective May 12.
- Israel has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 22.
- Italy has barred non-residents from entering the country, except for those traveling for business, health, or emergency reasons, updated May 26.
- Effective June 3, passengers arriving from EU nations will be allowed to enter Italy.
- Japan has banned foreign travelers from the United States, Canada, and over 70 other countries, updated May 25.
- Kenya has suspended international flights, updated May 13.
- Malaysia has barred non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated May 18.
- Mauritius has closed its borders to non-citizens and non-residents, updated May 7.
- Nonessential travel across the Mexico-U.S. border has been temporarily restricted, effective March 20.
- Montenegro has barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated March 15.
- New Zealand has closed its borders to non-residents and non-citizens, updated April 10.
- Norway has barred al non-citizens, non-residents, and non-EU members from entering the country, updated May 19.
- Panama has suspended all international flights, updated April 21.
- Peru has closed its borders and cancelled all international flights, updated April 14.
- Poland has suspended all flights, updated April 24.
- The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has suspended all international flights and closed its airports, effective March 30.
- Romania has barred all non-citizens and non-EU citizens from entering the country, updated May 18.
- The Russian Federation has barred entry for all foreigners, with the exception of diplomats, airplane crew members, and permanent residents, updated March 26.
- Saudi Arabia has suspended all international and tourist travel to the country, updated May 19.
- Seychelles has barred all non-citizens from entering the country, updated May 6.
- Singapore has barred all short-term visitors from entering the country, updated April 29.
- Slovakia has barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated May 7.
- South Africa has suspended all incoming international flights, effective May 15.
- Spain has barred all non-residents and non-EU passengers from entering the country, updated May 25.
- Sweden has barred all non-EU passengers from entering the country, updated May 18.
- Switzerland has barred all non-citizens and non-residents from entering the country, updated April 14.
- Thailand has barred all non-citizens from entering the country and suspended flights, updated April 27.
- Uganda has suspended all international passenger flights, updated May 25.
- All flights to the United Arab Emirates have been suspended, updated April 19.
- Effective March 19, The United States Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The Department of State encourages you to visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Vietnam has closed its borders to non-citizens, updated May 22.
- Zimbabwe has closed most airports and suspended flights (except those for essential services), updated May 19.
Information from Suppliers
In light of recent concerns in the travel industry regarding the Coronavirus, Pioneer Valley Travel Inc has created a repository of the latest travel advisory updates from our suppliers for your convenience. We will continue to review and modify this list as we receive updates.
Abercrombie & Kent
African Travel, Inc.
May 21st, 2020
PLAN AHEAD AND BOOK WITH FLEXIBILITY AND PEACE OF MIND DURING TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY
In an uncertain time, we are offering you certainty and peace of mind. Our number one priority at Aqua Expeditions is to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and crew throughout this challenging period. As a small ship expedition company, that is ISM (International Safety Management) compliant which ensures highest hygiene and safety standards for vessels, we guarantee a maximum of only 30/40 guests aboard offering world-class experiences in exotic destinations.
Considering the evolving situation around the globe, we are adopting special measures to address our guests’ concerns about travelling and booking.
- We have amended our booking policy in order to offer you flexible conditions allowing you to postpone your trip free of charge to provide you with peace of mind with regards to your travel plans.
- Suspension of all scheduled departures in accordance with the travel restrictions and border closures placed by the governments in the country of our destinations, with planned departures resuming July 2020.
- We took early, swift and decisive action to maintain strict anti-viral hygiene standards on all our vessels and are performing health screenings for all passengers prior to embarkation. We have no cases of COVID-19 onboard of any of our vessels. Aqua Expeditions has been following, and will continue to follow, the advice released by the World Health Organisation for coronavirus prevention.
- Case-by-case assessment will be made for embarkation of guests who have travelled to/through COVID-19 crisis regions in the past 14 days. We reserve the right to deny boarding of guests in order to maintain the wellbeing and safety of our passengers and crew.
- On board controls include pre-boarding medical evaluations i.e. past travel assessments at reservation level, mandatory health questionnaire providing detailed information 14 days prior to boarding, standard health reporting at embarkation, additional temperature checks by our resident paramedics and registering of all cases with flu-like symptoms to relevant authorities.
- Masks and hand sanitizers are provided to all guests and crew as needed, as well as increasing the level of environmental disinfection in addition to our regular stringent sanitation protocols.
*All measures are subject to change and to any imposed requirements from local authorities
To add reassurance to our customers’ travel plans, we work with Ripcord insurance, offering an option to purchase comprehensive travel insurance for any unforeseen travel modifications of your entire trip.
We continue to monitor the situation, so that we can be responsive and attend to our guests in the highest level of safety and comfort.
Francesco Galli Zugaro
CEO & Founder, Aqua Expeditions
COVID-19 UPDATE - Applied to bookings departing through May 31
At this time, Avanti Destinations is taking precautions to protect the safety of your clients traveling globally. Due to the inevitable spread of the coronavirus, governments and airlines are changing their policies on a daily basis. With this uncertainty of flight stability, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all booked services for travelers departing the US over the next 60 days (on or before May 31, 2020) effective immediately. Our goal is to ensure that no Avanti passengers are stranded internationally or forced into quarantine unnecessarily.
For bookings scheduled to depart from the US on or before May 31, 2020, Avanti Destinations has issued a Land Future Travel Credit (FTC) for 100% of the pre-paid value of the land services in your booking. Avanti has also chosen to offer a 100% Air Future Travel Credit (FTC) for all contract and published tickets that have been paid in full. If your clients have only paid the air deposit for the tickets, they will need to pay the remaining balance in order to receive this Air FTC.
Can you tell me what the values are for the Land FTC and Air FTC? What if my clients want a refund instead?
We will be emailing you concerning your individual bookings to advise these amounts, as well as the refund amount due so your clients can make an informed decision.
How long do my clients have to decide how they wish to proceed?
- If we do not hear from you within 20 business days, you are considered to have accepted the FTCs and no further action will be needed.
- If you choose to decline the FTCs you will need to call us at 1-888-970-0341 within 20 business days.
- If your clients would like to expedite the processing of their FTCs or refund, please reply to the booking email with details on how to proceed.
If you have any questions regarding this, you are welcome to call our dedicated COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-970-0341 Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm PST to speak to a specialist.
Carnival Cruise Line
CIE Tours International
Disney Cruise Line
Holland America Line
Norwegian Cruise Line
Regent Seven Seas
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Studios Hollywood
Viking Ocean Cruises
Viking River Cruises
Travel Health Advisory and Travel Assurance Booking Policy